From The Principal
Hello Wonderland Families,
Here are few quick updates about what’s happening at Wonderland:
- Graffiti at Wonderland – Recently, over the long weekend, the school was tagged with graffiti. If you ever see anyone one on campus when we are closed, please call the LAUSD School Police Department: 213-625-6631.
- Korean Lunar New Year – A quick thank you to all the parents that made this year’s Korean Lunar New Year a success. The food and fashion show, the Fan Dance, K-Pop group, the Taekwondo demonstration… it was all outstanding. Saehae Bok Mani Ba Deu Se Yo.
- New CST (CAASPP) – The new Common Core assessment will be administered on the dates below. The exact times schedules are being worked out. The Common Core Parent Presentation will provide you more information on the “what’s” and “why’s” of Common Core standards and assessments.
- Grade 5 – April 13 – April 17
- Grade 4 – April 20 – April 24
- Grade 3 – April 27 – May 1
- Common Core Parent Presentation REGISTRATION is OPEN – Want to learn more about our new standards and state assessments? The Common Core Parent Presentations will be held on Thursday, February 26 from 6:00 -7:30 p.m. and Saturday, March 21 from 10:00 -11:30 a.m. Korean translation will be available. To register, please click on the Programs tab, then Common Core Standards. From there, you can go to the Common Core website. Look for the registration link on the upper left. Feel free to browse the site while you are there. See you at the presentation!
- African American History Month –As you know, February is African American History Month. Don’t let the month pass without starting a family conversation with your kids about the history and contributions made by African Americans.
- Measles Information – The school district has added a page on the Nursing Services website. http://achieve.lausd.net/Page/7817. It contains frequently asked questions, information from the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, and much more.
Principal, Wonderland Avenue Elementary